Become an AmeriCorps Reading Tutor & Adult Literacy Advocate
- Are you good role model, coach, or mentor? Do you like to work with individuals or one-to-one to help people learn? Are you a go-getter?
- Do you like to mingle and meet new and interesting people? This could be the right opportunity for you!
- Do you want to give back to the community?
- Do you want to serve a noble cause while Uncle Sam covers your time?
- Then look no further than AmeriCorps!
- Gain valuable skills in community service work;
- Receive tutoring and teaching experience;
- Increased your skills with technology for life and work;
- Learn content knowledge through extensive training and program implementation for community literacy and the nonprofit sector;
- Get your career started! Are you unsure what’s next after high school, adult basic education, high school equivalency, or college? Then add that little something *extra* to your resume and life’s work to make you stand out from the crowed and earn your stripes. And you know we all like *extra.*
- Give back to the community after a life time’s worth of service if you’re seasoned. All are welcome.
- Have fun and find a spiritually rewarding path toward continued career success and community involvement!
Statewide, private nonprofit corporation and adult literacy program, the New Mexico Coalition for Literacy, seeks half-time and three-quarter time AmeriCorps Members to serve as tutors in reading; perform outreach to potential adult students in need of reading and language skills, recruit and support volunteer tutors; and support the work that expands local adult literacy service sites in local communities throughout New Mexico. All of these duties will be required of Members.
Attention to detail, accuracy in one’s work, self-initiation, ability to follow project plans, and follow-through a must! Ability to learn and be trained in new content and approaches to outreach and instruction mandatory. Experience with technology a plus. Will train – lots of learning opportunities!
AmeriCorps is also known as the domestic PeaceCorps. Serve America! Serve New Mexico! Serve your local communities! Apply today!
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED.
To apply, send resume (1 page) and letter of intent (1 page) after reading the Position Description to: .
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Position will remain posted until filled.